Why attend live carnatic concerts esp of young budding artistes?
1) It is essential for students of carnatic music to develop a fascination for the art form to enjoy learning that happens only by listening to live concerts.
2) Esp, listening to young budding artistes is a promise for them to reassure where regular practice and commitment could take them.
3)When students get to interact with artistes who were raised in a similar fashion in a foreign soil ,they get valuable inputs on how they managed to make it work for them.
4) To parents ,an effort to support budding artistes from USA this day by attending such concerts is a reassurance to oneself that someday someone will make available, a platform for my child for the efforts I put in for her this day.
5) Even if the children don’t aspire to become performing artistes (which God alone decides),simply listening to a live concerts has a great impact on them in shaping their interests and love for God.
6) “Rasikathvam” ,ie, appreciation for good music coupled with knowledge spurts only by listening to live concerts. It is absolutely essential to impose abundant listening to understand the magic of what happens in a concert. You would be as happy and satisfied as the musician himself if you feel you qualify to be a rasika , understanding the math and magic happening in a live carnaitc concert.